Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Film Night / Filmiõhtu / Вечер фильмов

There are really no good movie theatres here in Tartu. Nil. Nada. Nooch. I suppose I'll just need to create my own! Well, there's Athena which shows foreign films, but unless they're silent or in English the subtitles are in Estonian and Russian. And Cinamon only gets the cream of Hollywood. And why do I only see Marley & Me in the movie rental houses?

Dang! I need to hurry up with these talkie talks. So while I'm brushing up on all the half languages that I speak I'm starting a film night at my school. Tomorrow will be the first. My friend Matt is providing all the films and helping me put this together. Here's our line up! What do you think?

1. E.T.A., directed by Henrik Bjerregaard Clausen
2. Destino, directed by Dominique Monfery
3. Demon, directed by Irina Yevteyeva
4. Dekalog, Part 2, directed by Krzysztof Kieślowski

Oh I hope people show up. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment